How to get an Extension of Time to File a Corporation Tax Return using Form 7004

File taxes online

You can download a form to apply for an extension of time to lodge a business income tax return by filing out form 7004, available for download from the IRS here:

A corporation can apply for an extension on filing their tax returns by way of Form 7004. If you think you may need the extra time, don’t wait. Be proactive and file extension Form 7004 as soon as you recognize the need.

Figure out if Form 7004 is necessary for your business. You file Form 7004 to request additional time to gather tax documents.

REMEMBER: The form doesn’t grant an extension for paying your business taxes. Even if you file for an automatic extension, you must pay your taxes by the tax due date!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: